Destination Wedding Photography
Having a destination wedding offers not only a unique wedding venue and getaway for the whole family, but it also gives couples a stunning backdrop for their wedding pictures. Your wedding photos are an investment and one of the more important aspects of your wedding budget. Whether you choose to have your photos taken by a resort photographer or one you find on your own, there are so many types of incredible photos your photographer can take. Looking for ways to make your wedding photos unforgettable? Consider our tips.
1. Do a trash the dress shoot: Trash the dress shoots are super trendy and fun to do. Whether you pose in a cenote, rainforest, on the beach or in the heart of the city, there are so many great shots photographers can get in these unique settings.
2. Get all the details: Make sure your photographer gets photos of all your wedding details, including your ceremony programs, those adorable fans you spent all night making and the table settings at your reception. When you look back on your photos 20 years from now, you’ll want to be able to see all the details you included that made your day so special.
3. Make a list of must-have photos: On your wedding day, the last thing you’ll want to worry about is whether or not your photographer is getting all the pictures you want. If you want particular shots, make sure you say so! Provide your photographer with a list so he or she knows exactly what you’re looking for.
4. Check out wedding photography websites for inspiration: There are so many websites out there with destination wedding photography. From shots of couples jumping on the beach to photos of groups standing in the shape of the couple’s initials, there are so many different types of photos out there that will inspire you. Take the time to find photos you like, so you’ll know what you want your photographer to do come wedding day.
5. Take advantage of your beautiful surroundings: When you’re in a beautiful destination, why not take advantage of all it has to offer? Whether you’re close to an incredible beach, charming cities or lush gardens, there are so many natural locations perfect for unique pictures.
Check out our Pinterest board for more photography inspiration!